It's not turned out quite how I planned, mainly because I didn't have the colours of wool I'd wanted to use.
Normally I'd just have bought more wool on ebay or nipped out to the nearest craft shop, but I'm trying to practise the art of thrift. Specially important since I'm not working at the moment.
So, I made do with what I've got, which is mainly masses of autumnal colours - dark brown, caramel,, orange, rust, interspersed with some bluey-purples and - as always - some pink. I'm pretty happy with how the needlepoint's turned out, and happy with not having splurged more money on tapestry wool.
I'm going to try and keep this thrifty thing going. So no more adding to the fabric stash. Of course, they say the road to the Hell is paved with good intentions, so let's see how that pans out next time I'm in my favourite cheap'n'cheerful fabric shop.